Day 30 is soon approaching, and I am confident I will meet my 100 mile goal! Today I was so tired, but I knew that if I laid down on my bed for a little nap, that would be the end of me, so instead I threw on my running clothes and kicked myself out of the house. Sometimes that's just what you gotta do, get your booty on the other side of that front door and your chances are good that you will get movin'. I ran down to the local high school to check out the track, and now I am excited about getting into some speed work again. I just have to be a wise one this time around so I don't screw my knee up doing too much fast paced training. I've decided that I really would like to beat my last marathon time, and to do that I will need to lose 10 lbs and be very in tune with my knees. I have ITBS and it is the WORST pain when it flares up, basically like a knife to the side of the knee, no joke! Anyhow, so far so good, just lovin' the ice packs, the massage stick, and the extra dose of L-Glutamine (an amino acid supplement that help alleviate muscle soreness). Today I finished up with 8.4 miles and on Wednesday I ran 2 miles along with a great circuit training session at the Rec. Center. Let's see...My total miles logged thus far, not including hikes, walks, or bike rides, only running add up to exactly 90 miles. So I have 4 days to get in 10 more miles, and I've done it! I love goals, they give you a focus and good sense of accomplishment, which in turn motivates continual forward progression.
They say "If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail", and I think in most cases that holds very true.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, Josie! I have been reading your blog and wanted to say hi. I love reading about your 100 mile goal and adventures accomplishing it. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete