Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 12 & 13





Yesterday was a rest day... we just cooked a ton of pizzas, watched The Proposal, and played Scrabble, but today I got a good 7.2 good miles in. Brady and I ran to the Rec. Center for a workout, and back, then I dropped off Brady where he was umpiring baseball games all day and I went all over the place! I started at the Tuacahn Saturday Farmers Market, which I have anxiously been awaiting the opening of. That is one of the best things about Spring, all the farmer's markets open for the season. The market was great, I especially enjoyed a special herb gardening lecture from which I gained a free Basil plant (The lady felt sorry for me since I accidentally killed mine in the night... I am not guilty though, it was the "frost" that did it!) I also bought some homemade toothpaste from a cool hippie girl, and a "Tamale in a Can" for Brady from a few Gringa's in a sleek Airstream trailer . After exploring the market I went for a run along the beautiful trails that swirl along the base of the Tuacahn mountains. I felt like a Mountain Goat... it was awesome! I also carved the word "RUN" into a big rock... just for fun. I love Saturdays! Now time to prepare my talk on Gratitude for church tomorrow... I am grateful for my legs that can run, and beautiful places to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment