Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 17



I finally got a new bike! It's like Christmas in April. Our bikes were stolen off the back of our car a few years ago, and everything finally worked out for me to get a new one. Brady got a new "Fixie" not too long ago, and a few days ago I found a bike that I knew would be perfect... it was pretty much love at first site. It's good timing too, since I heard on the news today that Utah has the 5th highest gas prices in the country...yuck! Plus, we share a car, which can sometimes be a hassle, so now we will be able to have more commuting options. Today we celebrated by riding our bikes to school and around town a little. I was in heaven! I just love zipping down hills, and passing cars stuck in traffic (: Biology Lab was fun today, we had to mock "mate" with several classmates and determine the genetics of our offspring, then Brady and I "mated" and had to draw a picture of our future offspring using specific Alleles. Our baby girl ended up being a chubby faced, close eyed, funny hair-lined, crazy lookin' girl. We were laughing the whole time, and praying that our real babies wont inherit the worst of every possible phenotype we have to offer. I didn't run today, but I got some good biking in to keep my legs loose and also went to the Rec. Center for a quick circuit training session, before heading off to coach. Brady made organic Buffalo hot dogs for dinner and they were delish! It was really a great day, aaaaaaaaaand guess what?! We have a red strawberry in our garden, maybe we will cut it in half and share it, with a small dollop of yogurt and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment