
Blogging sure makes you realize how fast the days go by. As you can tell, we had a very busy and fun weekend, so I haven't been able to record my miles for a few days. Saturday was especially fun. We spent the day at the Kite Festival, and then went to Spoon Me frozen yogurt which we love, then to the theatre with our good friends and neighbors the Jacobsen's where we saw "Date Night". It was a great movie!
I ran 8.58 miles over the weekend, and a quick 2 miles today between school and work, along with a good full body workout. I felt pretty sick last night and this morning, but I followed every natural remedy I could think of and was feeling a lot better by midday, thank goodness for a strong immune system! I saw some footage of the big time world marathon today which was super inspiring. It is amazing how good those people are at running, it is almost unfathomable the pace that they can maintain for 26.2 miles. When you see humans travel that far and fast by foot, you realize that we really are "animals". Way back when, we used to have to run. We ran to get food for our families, we ran to go visit our friends, we ran to deliver a message, we ran to save our lives! It is in our blood to run... you just have to find a reason to do it and your instincts will slowly reveal themselves, I truly believe that.

No comments:
Post a Comment