Thursday, August 13, 2009

Old School Education


As of late I have been unable to siphon a single ounce of Internet signal from my apartment neighbors, so I have resorted to the old-school method of utilizing the public library. Brady and I have been on tour for the first several months of our marriage and the public libraries have been of great use to us. Sometimes with all the modern electronic comforts of home it is easy to forget about the humble offerings of a public library. There aren't many things that you can get for free anymore, and in an era where education costs often result in years of heavy debt, it is liberating to have public access to so much great information. Today I am checking out a few random titles that I feel interested in at the moment, including :"Investing for Dummies", "Food Politics", and "Marathon Runners Handbook". These should keep me busy for a few days, then I will be back for more educational treats. With the swipe of my library card I am on my way to the nearby deli for a big salad and a great read. Ta Ta!

1 comment:

  1. If you have a phoneline, free dialup services have been found in various areas around the country. You just have to find an old 56K modem, and the phone numbers.

    ReplyDelete