Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Reason to Blog



I suppose that one begins blogging when they feel compelled to share their experiences with many others. I never quite understood how people could be enthralled with the lives of others enough to actually follow their daily blog entries.  Then I noticed the tabloid section in the magazine isle and watched the daily news, only to come to terms that we are genuinely curious about peoples daily lives. 
I recently came across the Blogs of several of my friends and relatives and found there to be something very special about them. Reading through their comments and exploring their photos, in a sense, made me feel closer to them. In the fast paced world that we live in, it seems we often share only the biggest moments in life with those that we love. Maybe a wedding, a birthday, or a family reunion brings us together for an eventful and memorable celebration and then we're back to the daily grind... waiting for that next invitation. But what about all those little moments in between? The sweet moments that truly bring our hearts closer, the moments that separate friends from best friends, and if few people find our life to be interesting... we always have our Mothers!

5 comments:

  1. I get to be your first comment!

    Beautiful post, Josie! You've almost inspired me to write my first post, too. (I created a page about 2 1/2 years ago, but still no posts.) I have loved getting to know friends, and especially family, better through blogging. I'm glad to add you to my list!

    (from one Josie Hancock to another)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey pretty girl! I'm excited to be in touch with you this way! Love you!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Josie, I hope you post regularly because I like to know what you're up to. It helps me to know you and I really want to. It's good to see and read about you and Brady.

    ReplyDelete