Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Best Friend


Today I took my best friend Courtney out to lunch. It was such a treat to sit and enjoy a meal with her and take some time to catch up and reminisce. She has a sweet little baby named Luke, so it was quite a steal to get her all to myself for a few hours. We first met when we were only seven years old, where we lived a few miles away from each other atop Tiger Mountain in Washington... we were mountain girls! We have many memories of swimming at the pool, playing in the snow, riding bikes, taking care of horses, walking down the river, going to church dances, having sleepovers, talking about boys... and in fact, now that I mention it, I would love to put away the daily grind for a day or two and do any number of those activities. Kids really do know how to have fun, it's a natural instinct for them. Don't get me wrong, I still have fun, but the careless days of endless activities are scarce. It seems that now I have to have a plan, a purpose, and a wallet full of cash to have an adventure. Anyhow, I find it quite amazing that by chance, 15 years later, we've once again managed to land only a few miles apart, but this time in San Antonio, Texas! I am not sure how long we are going to be living here, but I am so grateful to be near her again. We definitely don't spend most of our time together like we once did, but I do cherish our few moments here and there that we have to visit with each other. She is such an amazing person, and I am forever grateful for her friendship and example. I can only hope that our futures will somehow keep us only a short bike ride away.

1 comment:

  1. ...just found your blog. When CC came to town recently she told me you two had wound up in the same city again, what great luck!

    You seem to be doing fantastically. I'm so happy to hear about the great things you're up to.

    Keep in touch,

    littleshortstacks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete