
There are certain things in life that bring us joy and comfort. For me this is a cup of tea. When I was a child my mother gave us herbal tea when we became ill or had a belly ache, but it wasn't until my High School years that I discovered its true appeal for myself. Since then not a day has gone by that I haven't sipped a mug or two. I keep a few tea bags in my purse, my pocket, and in my car so that I never leave the house without it. It has even come out through the dryer lint a few times, but it makes for a good clothes freshener. Brady and I have a cupboard full of a beautiful array of different herbal teas. We have teas from Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle, we have teas from Truby's Health Shop in Sandpoint, Idaho, We even have teas that were hand mixed for us at a specialty tea shop called Teavana here in San Antonio, TX. Our favorite kind of tea is Rooibos tea, it comes in many different flavors and is renowned for its abundant healthful properties. Tea has been used around the world for centuries to combat illness, delay aging, heal the skin, calm the nervous system and much more, but for me it is mostly for comfort and joy. A cup of tea at the end of a long day is that moment I have to soak in all that has happened throughout the day, a great way to wind down, and if I am lucky enough to have a tea party, it is a special opportunity to share some time with someone I love. Great things come from my cup of tea, and I it is a simple pleasure that I can always count on. Looking forward to many more great brews... this one is for you!

No comments:
Post a Comment