
Have you ever had someone try to convince you that life is "hard", "trial-some", "depressing", "dangerous", "disappointing", or any other dreary adjective. If you haven't, then that's great, keep hanging out with the uplifting people you have in your life. If you have been a victim of this dangerous and burdensome falsehood, then recognize the source and steer yourself far from it.
I was recently warned to "brace" myself for life's disasters, for deaths, divorces, diseases, and distress, (all of which I have already experienced to some extent), because "they will come and you have to accept that...life is unpredictable..." I was told. This really stirred me up as you can probably sense. I just don't believe that, not for one second! I am not going to wait around, living in fear that the worst is yet to come, or let someone try to convince me that I have no control over my future. There is too much good to be experienced, too much happiness to be enjoyed, too much love to be shared, to be spending all my time and energy armoring up for trouble.
Of course life throws challenges at us, some bigger than others, and some that will change your life or even end your life, and this is why we need to seek out all the good that we can. It is not ignorant to "toss the stones from your baggage", in fact just toss the whole bag! Live light on your feet, dance, sing, laugh, play, and enjoy every minute that you have, because I believe that is the best way to prepare for the worst. Life here on Earth is too quick to get stuck in the mud, or to spend all your time gathering an arsenal of stain remover just in case you get a little dirty. Swim in clean waters and bring all your friends and loved ones with you. Don't let "the media", a friend, or even family members make you afraid of "what could be next", because most of the time you are in full control of your life, each moment, each success, each smile, each "good day", is because you made it that way.
It is also very important to remember this simple yet profound principle:
"Thoughts become words, words become actions... Actions become habits. Habits become your character. And you character becomes your destiny. ..." and let me add to that, your influences encourage your thoughts in the first place, so choose them carefully.
Disclaimer: Okay, so I know things like food storage, family wills, insurance, schooling, etc. are VERY important, but establish yourself well and then expect the best... don't spend all day in your tornado shelter, just incase today is "the day".

Hey friend. Just came across your blog and LOVED reading it. Especially this one. It's been a while since I blog stalked you and I'm glad I finally got around to it. It makes me miss you and wish you were out here with us. On another note, all these recipe ideas are fabulous! I want to try all of them:)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you stopped in (: I miss you a ton too! I can't wait to come visit and squeeze little Zuri bug!
ReplyDeleteI love you Jos, you're so awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteI love you too Minty fresh! I get that way from eating this salsa (:
ReplyDelete