
Tonight I decided to create my own Salsa recipe, I believe it is an essential part of becoming a real Latina woman (: I didn't use any other recipes for guidance as I usually would, instead, I just took notes and made adjustments as I went, hoping to end up with a delicious fresh salsa recipe to cherish. I am pretty satisfied with the end result (I did eat almost half of it myself already), but it could be a work in progress. For now, here it is, my very own Salsa recipe, which for all intensive purposes I will call "Salsa Fresca Josefina"... you just have to go all out with these things... haha! Enjoy, and please let me know if you try it.
Ingredients:
For the dressing...
2T Olive Oil
2T Lemon Juice
2T Red Wine Vinegar
1 Sm bunch Cilantro stemmed
2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne
1/2 tsp Oregano
pinch of Black Pepper
For the Salsa...
5-6 large ripe Tomatoes coarsely chopped (drain a little of the liquid and use the rest)
1/2 Red Onion finely diced
1/2 Yellow Onion finely diced
2 Green Onion stalk, snipped into bits with scissors
1/2 to 1 whole seeded and FINELY diced Jalapeno
3 cloves of fresh Garlic very finely diced
1 sm Cucumber peeled, sliced into matchsticks and then diced (I prefer English Cucumbers which come plastic wrapped and don't need to be peeled)
1 ear of fresh Corn, husked, rubbed with a little oil and roasted (on a BBQ or pan) until slightly blackened on all sides. Cut kernels from cob.
1 15oz can of Black Beans, lightly drained
Directions:
1. Begin by roasting corn so it is ready when you need it.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients for "Salsa", including the roasted corn kernels when ready
3. In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients for "Dressing" and puree.
4. pour pureed dressing over salsa mixture and gently toss until well mixed.
5. Let marinate for 15 minutes and serve with chips (Archer Farms Target Brand Blue Corn Chips are the BEST), Sour Cream, and Guacamole if you please.
Serves: A big party, or family... same thing!
Keep leftovers in refrigerator and use on eggs, meats, taco salad, or how I most like it... right out of the bowl!

Josie,
ReplyDeleteI was looking for Kale recipes and came across your blog. I didn't recognize it was you till I saw your blog on Mallory's blog. You have some great veggie recipes. I have been veggie about a month and I'm always looking for new recipes. Hope all is good with you and your family.
Take Care. Pat Lanza
Hey Pat!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny... who would have thought you would google Kale and find me (: I have only two kale recipes on here now, one being Kale chips and the other Kale salad... another great way to enjoy Kale is in a white bean stew! I am growing Kale in my garden and I just love it! I am so glad you stopped in and made a comment, it is so great to hear from you. Hope all is well you your sweet family... miss you guys!