Sunday, June 13, 2010

Silly Soap




I woke up this morning yearning for a warm and relaxing bath. While soakin' in the tub I decided to read our soap bottle, yep you heard me, I spent the next half hour reading every last word on our bottle of Dr. Bronner's Eucalyptus Castile Soap. I have been using Dr. Bronner's since I was a kid, and I am hooked for life! If you haven't seen Dr. Bronner's Soap before, look for it in health food stores or healthy body product sections of some grocery stores. You will see bright colorful labels, COVERED in little tiny, white font, words of inspiration and life's lessons. Since the ingredient list consists of only a few natural and organic products, that leaves lots of room for plenty of nonsense and good advice, unlike conventional body washes that have to fold their label twice over just to make room for all the toxic chemicals/drug facts they include.

If you try this soap, you will never use anything else! We have gallon jugs of different scents which we mix to make custom aromatic blends, like lavender-coconut, coconut-almond, or citrus-mint. It takes bathing to a whole new level of simplicity and toxic guiltlessness. Just squirt it on the Loofa and enjoy cleaning every crevice of your being, inhale... and finally rinse for clean, moist, and healthy (not just healthy looking) skin. According to Dr. Bronner, we only need two cosmetics, enough sleep and Castile Soap. Might I add concealer and eyeliner to that list?

In closing I would just like to leave you with the following excerpt from todays readings:

"Let him who is without fault throw the first stone, for only God is always perfect! So, when your fellow man you measure, take him at his best, with that lever lift him higher, overlook the rest! For we're All-One or none! Remember, more good is caused by evil than by good. So, do what's right! Maximize the good, minimize the wrong! Then the Kingdom of God's Law inspires-evolves-unites All-One! All-One!"

Not sure exactly where Dr. B. was going with this one, but all his jibber-jabber sent me into a deeply relaxed state of confusion... maybe that's the whole point?!

Be old school...GO TAKE A BATH!

4 comments:

  1. I ♥ Dr. Bronner's soap!! I use it for everything - not just my bod. I use it when I handwash my clothes/purses/etc, I use it to clean the floors, I use it to wash my hair, I use it to was my face, I use it as bubble bath.... It's magical! Thank you for introducing me to it. :) And yeah, it also serves as a good pasttime to read all the little insights all over the bottle. hehe. Love you!
    -Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny you posted this...I've been looking everywhere for a healthy/organic soap! I just bought a shaving gel, lotion and 2 handsoaps from drbronner.com-thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great... you will love it! Brady has been trying out their shaving cream...not sure if it's the same one you got, but it is super sticky, like a brown sugar syrup paste or something haha! Not too sure if its his favorite, but hey, it's not gonna hurt to try it out right? The joys of using simple products... no harsh side effects (: The liquid soaps are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacquie, I am glad you love it, I always try to tell you about great things I have found, and I know as you grow up you will be able to share great finds with me too! Dr. B's is the bomb, you really can use it to clean just about anything except your eyeballs. Love you!

    ReplyDelete