Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birthday Bonanza!




Yep, I had a birthday! I feel so grateful to be 24, and I am really looking forward to this new year for me. To celebrate, my sweet neighbor Kristelle and I went out to breakfast at this awesome restaurant called Twenty-Five & Main (I will have to go there next year when I turn 25...hehe!) here in St . George. We realized a few weeks ago at church that we have the same birthday so we were super excited to celebrate together.












After a yummy breakfast we admired their delicious and famous homemade cupcakes, we should have eaten one but it was a bit early for that. After a great breakfast I spent 5 hours at school and then my sweet neighbors treated me to another one of my favorite things... Frozen Yogurt! Brady was out of town, but I had an unbelievable day because all of my friends really went out of their way to make me feel special. This is super corny sounding, but reading the 70+ Facebook birthday wishes from friends and family made me tear up.

I always thought that as the years passed birthdays would lose their glamour, but not for me, I seem to look more forward to them each year. I have however, had my first "I can't remember how old I am" experiences over the last couple of months, but what does it matter anyway. As long as you feel vibrant and healthy, who cares! Birthdays are a day to celebrate life, accomplishments, opportunity, and appreciation, the number serves only as a cake garnish.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Jos! Glad you had a happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacquie! I did! Hope you are having a good experience as a return Washingtonian!

    ReplyDelete